1. Sometimes you have to lose a little money (or a lot, depending on your point of view) to keep a good customer.
2. Block out sections of your time each day to make at least 5 phone calls.
3. If you’re a talker, use a timer set to 4 min. (or the amount of time you’ll allow for each call). This will give you a ballpark of how much time it will take to complete the five phone calls and help you stay on track.
4. Try to smile when speaking on the phone. It really shows through.
5. Do not talk about yourself unless asked and even then, try to get the focus back onto your customer. Example:
Cust: How’s your family?
Sales Rep: Fine, Jimmy had a little cold, but he’s better now. My husband might transfer jobs, but my biz can move anywhere. So how are your children?)
6. On Fridays, clear your desk and set up a folder for all the things you have to do the next week. This helps you have a clear mind for your time off during the weekend.
©2003 Susie Glennan
Speak Your Mind