1. Try to label everything VERY clearly, so that you won’t have so many of the same interrupting questions, such as, “How much is this?”
2. Have something easy for the people coming to your booth to suck on, but not something that will make them spit when you ask them a question. Little dumdum suckers are always good because they can take it out of their mouth to speak to you.
3. Set up a fish bowl. Allow attendees to put a card. Show what you are giving away. Make sure you clearly state that you will be using their info for your mailing list and that you will not give out that info to anyone.
4. Make your booth pleasing to the eye. Not many do this at the shows I attend, so I get a lot of people who would never otherwise be interested in my products looking around my booth because of my yo-yo quilt or pretty decor.
5. Have a tablet for people to sign up to be on your mailing list.
6. Have munchies & water bottle(s) for yourself!!! A MUST!
7. Wear comfortable shoes!
8. Bring containers to organize your forms that will allow you to grab them right away.
9. Take with you, tape (good tape!), lots of pens and/or pencils, and some fat sharpie markers for those last minute signs.
10. Bring extra nylons if you are wearing any just in case yours tear.
©2004 Susie Glennan